Duke football's 2023 schedule announced on ACC Network

Head coach Mike Elko celebrates Duke's Military Bowl win against UCF.

Believe it or not, eyes are already on the fall.

Duke's 2023 schedule was officially announced on a special program on ACC Network Monday night, outlining a gauntlet of 12 games arguably more difficult than any in recent memory. With the removal of divisions in the ACC comes dates with a slew of perennial powerhouses including N.C. State, Florida State, Notre Dame and Clemson, none of which Duke played in 2022. It is a grueling slate that will test the Blue Devils' mettle and consistency just under a year removed from a remarkable 9-4 turnaround and a commanding Military Bowl victory in Annapolis, Md. against UCF. Head coach Mike Elko turned this team from a pretender into a contender in his first season at the wheel and will have to replicate its sparkling form to succeed come September.

First on the docket is a primetime Sept. 4 matchup at Wallace Wade Stadium against the reigning ACC champion Tigers for the first time since a November 2018 clash in Death Valley, which the Blue Devils lost 35-6. Duke then faces Lafayette and Northwestern at home before making the trip to Hartford, Conn., to take on a UConn team that snagged six wins last season. The Blue Devils will face Notre Dame, led by former Wake Forest quarterback Sam Hartman, at home in their final game before their ACC run kicks off in earnest.

In conference, Duke is tasked with taking down N.C. State, Florida State, Louisville, the Demon Deacons, Virginia and Pittsburgh. The highly anticipated rematch between the Blue Devils and Tar Heels is slated for Nov. 11 at Kenan Memorial Stadium in Chapel Hill.

Full 2023 schedule (home games in bold):

Monday, Sept. 4 vs. Clemson

Saturday, Sept. 9 vs. Lafayette

Saturday, Sept. 16 vs. Northwestern

Saturday, Sept. 23 at UConn

Saturday, Sept. 30 vs. Notre Dame

Saturday, Oct. 14 vs. N.C. State

Saturday, Oct. 21 at Florida State

Saturday, Oct. 28 at Louisville

Thursday, Nov. 2 vs. Wake Forest

Saturday, Nov. 11 at North Carolina

Saturday, Nov. 18 at Virginia

Saturday, Nov. 25 vs. Pittsburgh

Andrew Long profile
Andrew Long | Sports Editor

Andrew Long is a Trinity junior and sports editor of The Chronicle's 119th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke football's 2023 schedule announced on ACC Network” on social media.