Prop bets for Duke men's basketball vs. Maryland Eastern Shore

Ryan Young grabbed 11 rebounds against Iowa.

Duke hosts Maryland Eastern Shore Saturday evening at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Ahead of tipoff at 5:30 p.m., the Blue Zone provides you with our can't-miss prop bets:

Duke (-31.5) vs. Maryland Eastern Shore

After a statement win against Iowa in New York, the Blue Devils will ride the momentum and look to cover the spread against Maryland Eastern Shore. Duke’s talented Power 5 roster could prove too much to handle for a Maryland Eastern Shore team that has struggled in the mid-major Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference; the Hawks sit at 3-6 and five of their six losses came by double digits. Furthermore, freshmen Dariq Whitehead and Dereck Lively II are slowly shaking off early-season rust and a big night from either of them could add to Duke's lead. Expect an early battle from the Hawks, but the Blue Devils have too much talent not to cover. 

Pick: Duke (-31.5)

Over/Under 135.5 total points

If Duke’s season ended today, it would set a new program record with 59 points allowed per game—showing how dominant it has been on the defensive side. Maryland Eastern Shore does not possess the size or offensive firepower to change that. The Hawks' tallest two players—Kohen Thompson and Troy Hupstead—both measure at just 6-foot-7, which could limit their offensive options in the paint. Additionally, the team shoots the ball at a clip of 39.3% from the field, while Duke has consistently limited the amount of open shots by its opponents. Offensively, the Blue Devils look better, but not consistent enough to surpass the point total. Expect the under to hit.

Pick: Under 135.5

Ryan Young over/under 10 points

In a game against an opponent that lacks height, graduate transfer Ryan Young should dominate the paint. The 6-foot-10 center has quietly averaged 7.3 points and 6.9 rebounds, and has excelled against lower-tier competition. He has shot 70.5% from the field this season and could see more chances than usual if the game trends toward a blowout. Young should be one of the main guys on the glass as well, just like how he demonstrated his rebounding capabilities against Iowa—with 11 by the final buzzer. Expect Young to see more minutes against the weaker opposition and make the most of his court time. 

Pick: Over 10 points

Share and discuss “Prop bets for Duke men's basketball vs. Maryland Eastern Shore” on social media.