Duke in the NFL: Jones remains at two interceptions, Carter's pick-6 called back

Michael Carter II's pick-6 was called back in the Jets' matchup with the Patriots Sunday.

As Week 9 of the NFL begins, the Blue Zone takes a look back at Week 8 and several former Blue Devils' performances:

Daniel Jones, QB, New York Giants

Daniel Jones displayed a strong showing in a loss to the Seahawks Sunday. Throwing 176 passing yards with 54.8% completion rate, Jones kept the game close until two late fourth-quarter touchdowns by Seattle. The Giants struggled to convert, scoring only one touchdown in the contest and ending their four-game win streak. In the third quarter, Jones threw a third-and-12 dart to Darius Slayton for an 18-yard gain that resulted in 14 plays, 79 yards and only three points. With his performance Sunday, Jones drops to 11th in the NFL QBR at 57.9. Additionally, with no interceptions, Jones remains at only two for the season, tied for second in the NFL with Jalen Hurts, Mitch Trubisky, Dak Prescott and Taylor Heinicke. Jones has the potential for a breakout second half of the season, provided the Giants bounce back after this week's loss. If the offense can overcome the conversion problems presented on Sunday, the Giants and Jones could be considered a playoff threat. 

Michael Carter II, CB, New York Jets

Michael Carter II had his offensive moment against the Patriots Sunday, as he recorded an interception and a pick-6, that was eventually called back, along with seven tackles. Carter got his second interception of the season in the first half against New England quarterback Mac Jones, before getting his interception return for a touchdown called back in the last 37 seconds of the first half. The 85-yard pick-6 had the potential to redefine the game for the Jets, giving them a 16-3 lead, but it was called back due to a roughing penalty by Jets defensive lineman John Franklin-Myers, as he hit Jones after he had released the football. The resulting penalty pushed the Patriots into the red zone, quickly allowing a field goal before the clock ticked zero. Ultimately, the Jets' night did not end how it hoped, as they had a 22-17 loss.  

Laken Tomlinson, G, New York Jets

2022 Pro Bowl player Laken Tomlinson has become a key part of the Jet’s offense in his first season with the New York-based team. Tomlinson has started every game this season, stepping up for the offense as guard Alijah Vera-Tucker is out for the rest of the year with torn triceps. In the Jets' Week 8 matchup with the Patriots, Tomlinson played 100% of offensive snaps, which he has remained consistent within all eight of the team's games, as well as 14% of special teams snaps. If the Jets want to stay competitive in the AFC East, Tomlinson and the rest of the offensive line will need to continue to step up in the face of injuries. 

Victor Dimukeje, OLB, Arizona Cardinals

Victor Dimukeje added a little more action for the Arizona Cardinals' defensive line rotation in Week 8. Dimukeje played 46% of snaps in his start against the Vikings, seeing a 2% increase from Week 7 and a 24% increase from Arizona's 20-17 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles in early October. Dimukeje has received more playing time this season, going for 14 total tackles, including 10 solo tackles, compared to three total tackles in the 2021 season. Unfortunately in Sunday's matchup, the Cardinals ultimately fell to Minnesota 34-26. 

Share and discuss “Duke in the NFL: Jones remains at two interceptions, Carter's pick-6 called back” on social media.