Duke women's soccer's Friday match against Virginia rescheduled for Sunday due to Tropical Storm Ian

Duke's match against Virginia will now be played Sunday.

Duke's match against Virginia at Koskinen Stadium has been rescheduled for Sunday due to the approach of Tropical Storm Ian, per a team release Thursday. The tilt between the second-ranked Cavaliers and fourth-ranked Blue Devils, originally set to kick off Friday at 7 p.m., will instead begin at 1 p.m. Sunday.

The match is the second home athletic event of Homecoming weekend to face scheduling changes due to Ian, which made landfall as a Category 4 hurricane Wednesday in Florida. Duke softball announced Wednesday via Twitter that it has moved its Saturday fall ball fixture with Charlotte to Oct. 14. Duke baseball's exhibition against N.C. State at nearby Durham Bulls Athletic Park was also moved up to Thursday evening.

Thursday night, Duke field hockey announced that its Friday match at Wake Forest has been rescheduled for Sunday afternoon. The team's game at Old Dominion, originally scheduled for Sunday, has been postponed from Sunday to a later date. 

Other home games this weekend include volleyball matches Friday and Sunday in Cameron Indoor Stadium and a football game Saturday evening between Duke and Virginia at Wallace Wade Stadium.

Jonathan Levitan

Jonathan Levitan is a Trinity senior and was previously sports editor of The Chronicle's 118th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke women's soccer's Friday match against Virginia rescheduled for Sunday due to Tropical Storm Ian” on social media.