Duke men's lacrosse's Nakeie Montgomery selected by Redwoods in 3rd round of PLL College Draft

Nakeie Montgomery is headed to the PLL.
Nakeie Montgomery is headed to the PLL.

Duke’s season may be over, but its fans will still be able to watch one of their favorite Blue Devils play, this time in the Premier Lacrosse League.

Graduate midfielder Nakeie Montgomery was selected with the 19th pick in the PLL College Draft by Redwoods after a decorated five-year career at Duke. The Dallas native was a consensus first-team All-American in his senior year and is tied for 16th in career NCAA tournament points in program history while playing in three postseasons. He finishes his Duke career with 152 points—66 assists and 86 goals—through 76 games, good for the fourth-most career points by a midfielder in Duke history. He will join the record-holder Myles Jones on the Redwoods. In addition to his time with Duke men’s lacrosse, Montgomery also played running back for Duke football in 2021, logging 28 total yards. 

Montgomery was the only Duke product to have been selected in Tuesday night’s draft and will join the young PLL, founded in 2018. Though just a few years old, the PLL has become one of the fastest-growing professional sports leagues in the country, and Montgomery will help forge a path for the future of lacrosse. 

Sasha Richie profile
Sasha Richie | Sports Managing Editor

Sasha Richie is a Trinity senior and a sports managing editor of The Chronicle's 118th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke men's lacrosse's Nakeie Montgomery selected by Redwoods in 3rd round of PLL College Draft” on social media.