RECESS  |  LOCAL

Ten spring events happening in the Triangle this month

We are now entering the peak of spring, one of the best times of the year. The Chronicle compiled Easter festivities and other spring events happening in Durham from the upcoming weekend to the end of April — perfect for a brief getaway from the end-of-semester stress.

Durham

Third Friday Reception at 5 Points Gallery Featuring Susan Woodson

Friday, April 15, 6 - 9 p.m.

109 E. Chapel Hill St, Durham NC

Susan Woodson’s latest exhibition “Birds with Attitude” is on view at Durham’s 5 Points Gallery from April 8 to May 7. What better way to experience spring than appreciating artworks featuring colorful birds with a little attitude? This Third Friday reception will offer visitors the opportunity to meet the artist and view a variety of works in mediums including painting, sculpture and fused glass created by artists based in the Triangle.

Eno Exploration Paddles Presented by Two Sisters Adventure

Friday, April 15, 6:45 - 8:45 p.m.

Falls Lake Durham, Durham, NC

Spend a cool spring dusk exploring the coves and creeks of Eno River while paddling on a canoe or a kayak. Listen to birds’ final chirps of the day and the first songs of the frogs and owls. See fireflies dancing in and out of trees.

Moonrise Paddle at Falls Lake Durham

Saturday, April 16, 6:15 - 8:15 p.m.

Falls Lake Durham, Durham, NC

Similar to the paddling trip above, with the rising full moon as a special guest.

Dino Egg Hunt

April 13 - 17, 10 am - 5 p.m.

Museum of Life and Sciences, 433 W. Murray Ave, Durham, NC

Spring dino egg hunt will bring you the best of family fun or go with your friends and relive a childhood full of curiosity! Activities include excavating fossils, putting together giant dinosaur skeleton puzzles and hunting for dinosaur eggs.

MAKRS at  Durham Central Park

Sunday, April 17, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Durham Central Park, Durham, NC

This monthly pop-up features more than 45 local vendors, including artists and makers, food trucks. One of the highlights of the market includes the Glass Jug Beer Labwith refreshing beer for visitors. 

Earth Day Celebration

Sunday, April 24, 12:00 - 5:00 p.m.

501 Foster St, Durham, NC

An exciting celebration for the environmentally-aware citizens who might also have a taste for rock or reggae. This event boasts a welcome speech by Durham Mayor Elaine M. O’Neal, environmental speeches on climate activism, rock and reggae performances.

Bull City Brunch

Saturday, April 23, 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.

4815B Hillsborough Rd, Durham, NC

Enjoy a Southern-style brunch with chicken and waffles while tuning in to DJ MoTime’s live music.

Raleigh

Easter Egg Hunt at Carolina Pines Park

Saturday, April 16, 1:00 - 4:00 pm

Carolina Pines Park, Lake Wheeler Road, Raleigh, NC

Bridge Fellowship Church is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt at Carolina Pines Park with food, door prizes, games and candy.

Vidrio's Easter Brunch Buffet

Sunday, April 17, 10:30 am - 2:30 pm

500 Glenwood Ave Suite 100, Raleigh, NC

Vidrio’s special Easter Sunday Brunch will feature a variety of Mediterranean-inspired bites including but not limited to Shakshuka, Frittata and assorted bread with hummus spreads. 

2022 NC Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Festival

Saturday, April 30 12:00 - 6:00 pm

8450 Honeycutt Rd. Raleigh, NC

Celebrate the end of spring semester with an extravaganza full of quality wine, cheese and chocolates in the locally-owned Lafayette Village.

Katherine Zhong | Local Arts Editor

Katherine Zhong is a Trinity junior and local arts editor of The Chronicle's 119th volume.

Share and discuss “Ten spring events happening in the Triangle this month” on social media.