A$AP Ferg to headline 2022 LDOC concert, along with performances by Daya and Peach Tree Rascals

A$AP Ferg will perform at the annual Last Day of Classes concert on April 20. Photo courtesy of Flickr.

A$AP Ferg will headline the annual Last Day of Classes concert on April 20, according to a video release from the DUU LDOC Committee. 

Additional acts include Daya and Peach Tree Rascals, as well as Small Town Records opener TGBEAM. 

Darold Durard Brown Ferguson Jr., who goes by A$AP Ferg, is a rapper and songwriter from Harlem, N.Y., whose style is self-described as “unafraid music.” He is best known for his 2017 single “Plain Jane,” which hit No. 26 on the Billboard Hot 100. 

He released his debut single “Work” in August 2012, followed by his debut studio album “Trap Lord” in August 2013, which debuted at No. 9 on the Billboard 200. Since then, he has released two other studio albums, “Always Strive and Prosper,” and “Still Striving.” 

Grace Martine Tandon, who goes by her stage name Daya, is a singer-songwriter from Mt. Lebanon, Pa. She is known for her hit singles, like “Sit Still, Look Pretty” and “Hide Away,” and her feature on the Chainsmoker’s Grammy-winning “Don’t Let Me Down,” which went to No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100. Her style has been described as “sophisticated indie-esque vocals” with “messages of nonconformity, self-acceptance and independence.” 

Five years after the release of her debut album, “Sit Still, Look Pretty,” Daya most recently released her extended play, “The Difference,” in May 2021. 

Peach Tree Rascals, a music collective from San Jose, Calif., released their hit song, “Mariposa,” in August 2019, which went viral on TikTok. The group is described as blending “alternative jazz, funk, and hip-hop” to curate a sound influenced by artists like Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean, the Beatles and John Mayer and informed by their first-generation immigrant upbringings. 

TGBEAM, a rapper, singer and songwriter from Olathe, Kan., is signed to Small Town Records, Duke’s student-run record label. After releasing his first track, Summertime Luv, in 2018, TGBEAM performed at DUU’s Heatwave and P-Checks concert in 2020. Most recently, he released his debut album “Quarter Life Crisis” in January. 

Juniors Finn Brauer and Jerry Fu are co-chairs of the 2021-2022 LDOC Committee. Brauer wrote in an email to The Chronicle that the two “cannot wait to be hosting the first in-person & live LDOC in three years.” 

“It was really important to us that we were able to bring artists who had a variety of styles so that we could appeal to a greater subset of the Duke student body. We also tried to bring artists who people would just be excited to come see!” Brauer added. 

Milla Surjadi profile
Milla Surjadi | Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator

Milla Surjadi is a Trinity junior and a diversity, equity and inclusion coordinator of The Chronicle's 119th volume. She was previously editor-in-chief for Volume 118.

Share and discuss “A$AP Ferg to headline 2022 LDOC concert, along with performances by Daya and Peach Tree Rascals” on social media.