Privacy be damned: Professor uses Life360 to track attendance in class

The Chomicle

Editor's Note - All articles featured in The Chomicle are creative, satirical and/or entirely fictional pieces. They are fully intended as such and should not be taken seriously as news.

Nota Goodguy, James B. Puke professor of hungover studies, has implemented a new system to promote student attendance in his class, which according to him, is “by far the most important thing for [his] ego.”

Goodguy has started using Life360, the popular family tracking app, to record attendance. 

“I’m really trying to embrace the ethos of Life360. Even the title of the company website says that it’s ‘not just a family tracking app,’” Goodguy said. 

In order to make the most out of the feature, Goodguy said that he changed the grading structure in his class. Class attendance is now worth 90% of students’ grades, with the other 10% going towards a final exam “on which it is impossible to score a single point.”

Goodguy has his teaching assistants constantly monitor when students enter and leave his classroom to record attendance, because “why would I do it myself?”

For Goodguy, the system has been overwhelmingly positive.

“It’s been really heartening to see all of my students’ frowning faces in class,” Goodguy said. “Quantity over quality, yanno?”

Editor's Note: Happy April Fools' Day! In case you couldn't tell, this was a story for our satirical edition, The Chomicle. Check out more Chomicle stories here, guaranteed to make you laugh or your money back.


Share and discuss “Privacy be damned: Professor uses Life360 to track attendance in class” on social media.