The independent news organization of Duke University

Duke to hold lottery for 700 student tickets to Final Four game in New Orleans

Duke is hosting a lottery for 700 student tickets to the Final Four game in New Orleans Saturday night, according to an email sent to undergraduate, graduate and professional students from Student Affairs and Duke Athletics.

The ticket lottery will be Monday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Duke Athletics Ticket Office in the Scott Family Athletic Performance Center. To enter, students must bring their DukeCard and provide a method of payment which will automatically be charged if the student wins. 

Lottery winners will be notified via email Tuesday. Winners earn one $20 digital non-transferable ticket and any attempts to order additional tickets will be canceled. Information on accessing the ticket will be released to winners Thursday, and Student Affairs will also send more information to recipients about financial support for lodging and travel for those who need it.

If Duke advances to the National Championship April 4, lottery winners will automatically receive a ticket to the championship game.

All entrants should be able to provide their own personal transportation and accommodations. Student Affairs is working to secure limited spots on a bus for students, but transportation and hotel rooms would be at an additional charge to students. 

Questions should be directed to the Duke Athletics Ticket Office. 

Duke will be taking on North Carolina in the upcoming Final Four game after the Tar Heels bested St. Peter’s in Philadelphia Sunday evening.

Nadia Bey | Digital Strategy Director

Nadia Bey is a Trinity senior and digital strategy director for The Chronicle’s 118th volume. She was previously managing editor for Volume 117.

Share and discuss “Duke to hold lottery for 700 student tickets to Final Four game in New Orleans” on social media.