The Chronicle's Coach K Commemorative Edition

The Chronicle has a special print edition on specific distribution racks today to commemorate Coach K’s final home game. This keepsake issue is free to anyone on campus (quantities are limited; only one per person please). If you need a paid copy mailed to you, you can fill out the form here.

How do you put 42 years into 24 pages of paper?

That might not be possible, but we gave it our best shot with our Coach K Commemorative print edition. It’s been an eventful past year around the program, first starting off June 3, 2021 when head coach Mike Krzyzewski announced that the 2021-22 season would be his last

Krzyzewski has a whole lot of wins and rings now, but what was Coach K’s story before he came to Duke? Once he became a Blue Devil in 1980, he had some great battles with other coaches in the ACC that have become some of the conference’s most iconic memories. For more memories of Coach K, click here to see how much Krzyzewski has meant to the Duke faithful throughout his years. And one of our writers took a walk through the tenting village Krzyzewski's dominance has created to take in the last nights of Coach K’s K-Ville

The high-praise the Duke community has for Krzyzewski is obvious everywhere…especially in the ticket prices for his final game in Cameron Indoor Stadium. How did Krzyzewski stay so successful for so long? Some would say it was his ability to change, a trait that has led to the question of whether he is bigger than the program. There’s also four decades of Duke men’s basketball for you to pick from as his best 10 years, so we took a try at ranking them

Speaking of all those years, the world has changed a lot since Coach K’s first season. A new addition to the Durham community has been the Emily K Center, which Krzyzewski started in memory of his mother. 

After Krzyzewski retires this season, Jon Scheyer will be the head coach, someone who our writers thinks embodies the Krzyzewski coaching philosophy and is the perfect fit for the job. 

Jake C. Piazza

Jake Piazza is a Trinity senior and was sports editor of The Chronicle's 117th volume.

Share and discuss “The Chronicle's Coach K Commemorative Edition ” on social media.