Prop bets for Duke men's basketball vs. Virginia

Duke is favored by five points heading into its road rematch against Virginia.

Duke gets back on the road Wednesday for a rematch with Virginia, and the Blue Zone has you covered ahead of time with some can't-miss prop bets:

Duke (-5) vs. Virginia

Although the last time Duke battled Virginia it faced a one-point upset, the Blue Devils should now be ready to take on the Cavaliers. Since that Feb. 7 loss in Durham, Duke has remained spirited on the court and put together four straight wins, including an 18-point victory in its rematch Saturday against Florida State. The regular season is quickly coming to a close for Duke with just four more contests left in conference play, and with the Blue Devils sporting a 23-4 record ahead of their rematch with Virginia, that says a lot. Many things could happen when the group enters John Paul Jones Arena Wednesday night, but another upset should not be expected against this proven Duke squad. With the Blue Devils ready to add another win Wednesday night, a victory margin of five points or more is the safest prediction on the spread.

Pick: Duke -5

Over/Under 130

Have you seen Duke play lately? If you have, then you’d know that this roster has not been messing around when it comes to putting points on the scoreboard. With three 80-point performances and two other 70-point games in February thus far, expect the Blue Devils to get hot from the field once more. In Duke’s last game against Virginia, the score added up to 137, which means a wager on the over here is the most plausible bet.

Pick: Over 130

Duke over/under 9 blocks

When these teams met just weeks ago, the Blue Devils were tenacious and unrelenting on defense, finishing the game with nine recorded blocks to Virginia's two. The Cavaliers may have recorded more steals, but Duke used its size and height on defense to remain competitive throughout the night. 

Since the two sides played, Virginia has tallied a single loss to Virginia Tech while also taking down Miami and Georgia Tech. Both Duke and Virginia are remaining strong in competition and playing winning basketball at the right time, but the Blue Devils don't seem like they are ready to lose the high energy they currently sport. With that, Duke likely has an even stronger defensive performance against Virginia this time around. The team surely wants to take back its title against the Cavaliers, and that all begins with an effort to restrict big numbers down low.

Pick: Over 9 blocks

Share and discuss “Prop bets for Duke men's basketball vs. Virginia” on social media.