Duke men's basketball postpones games against Clemson, Notre Dame due to COVID-19

Duke will not travel to Clemson Wednesday due to positive COVID-19 results within its program.

Duke's next two games against Clemson and Notre Dame are postponed due to COVID-19 concerns within the program, Vashti Hurt of Carolina Blitz first reported Monday morning. The program released a statement Monday afternoon saying the Clemson game was officially postponed due to Duke following the new ACC COVID-19 protocol released last week. Wednesday, the program released a similar statement, stating that the Notre Dame matchup was also postponed due to COVID-19 protocols. 

The games against Clemson and Notre Dame were initially scheduled to occur Dec. 29 and Jan. 1, respectively. 

The ACC adjusted its forfeiture policy Dec. 22, stating that games that had to be postponed due to COVID-19 would be rescheduled if possible and deemed a no contest if the teams could not find a rescheduled date. The conference's new policy states that if a team has seven available players and one coach, it must play the game on its originally scheduled date or forfeit. 

This is a developing story. Please check back here for more updates. 

Jonathan Levitan

Jonathan Levitan is a Trinity senior and was previously sports editor of The Chronicle's 118th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke men's basketball postpones games against Clemson, Notre Dame due to COVID-19” on social media.