Topgolf to open Durham location in late summer 2022

Topgolf, an international sports entertainment company, is coming to Durham.

The new three-level development, slated for completion in late summer 2022, will feature 102 “hitting bays,” as well as a restaurant and sports bar. Customers will be able to enjoy Topgolf’s amenities at the newly-planned 46-acre Park on Page development, located just off of Page Road and I-40 near Research Triangle Park. 

The surrounding area is already populated with a number of entertainment venues, restaurants and bars. The company’s two previously established sites in North Carolina are both located in Charlotte. 

Susan Amey, President and CEO of Discover Durham, a marketing agency and tour group, believes that the new Topgolf location will impact all local residents, including Duke students. 

“It's no surprise that an organization like [Topgolf] would want to establish a facility here,” Amey said. “[Durham] is good from the standpoint of the jobs that it creates and sustains. We are known as a great place for startups … that kind of growth is what spurs development, and this Topgolf development is a perfect example of that.”

Tourism makes up a large part of Durham’s economy. Topgolf will employ around 400 associates at the Durham location, and due to the customers it will attract, this venue will be a valuable addition to Durham’s already-growing entertainment, food and tourism industry, according to Amey. 

“Topgolf really focuses on being very accessible to everyone,” Amey said. “A great golfer and a complete novice can go and participate together and have an equally good time.” 

Topgolf is globally established, operating 70 locations across the planet. Recently, the company announced the opening of its largest-ever location in Shanghai, bringing Topgolf operations to six different countries. New developments are also in the works in Germany and Thailand.

This development follows a trend of recent announcements regarding new construction in the Triangle area. Other projects, such as the Hub RTP and Apple’s new $1 billion campus are also underway.

Vishal Jammulapati profile
Vishal Jammulapati | Associate News Editor

Vishal Jammulapati is a Trinity sophomore and an associate news editor of The Chronicle's 118th volume.

Share and discuss “Topgolf to open Durham location in late summer 2022” on social media.