A list of local mental health resources for members of the LGBTQ+ community

<p>CSGD offers one-on-one coffee chats with a professional or student staff member to provide LGBTQ+ people with a safe place to talk or vent.&nbsp;</p>

CSGD offers one-on-one coffee chats with a professional or student staff member to provide LGBTQ+ people with a safe place to talk or vent. 

The Chronicle has compiled a list of mental health resources at Duke and in the Durham area for members of the LGBTQ+ community.

LGBTQ Center of Durham

The center offers various resources including Gender Identity Programs, an LGBTQ Youth Center and Project F.A.M., a program to help young adults experiencing housing instability. The center can be reached by calling 919-827-1436 or by visiting its website.

A full list of LGBTQ+ mental health counselors in Durham can be accessed here.

LGBTQ Center of Raleigh

The center has approved a list of therapists committed to supporting the LGBTQ+ community. The center can be reached by calling 919-832-4484 or by visiting its website.

A complete list of therapists and counselors by North Carolina county can be accessed here.

Project Uplift

Project Uplift is a program that helps people aged 18-35 who identify as LGBTQ+ or gender non-conforming. The group offers peer support, intensive case management, substantive use counseling, mental health counseling, trauma programming, legal system investigation and more.

Durham-specific resources offered by the program can be accessed here.

The Center for Sexual & Gender Diversity

The CSGD Student Affairs page provides a list of medical resources and information for LGBTQ+ people who are dealing with or have questions about COVID-19. One such resource is an article on how members of the LGBTQ+ community can get help and resources during the pandemic.

CSGD also offers one-on-one coffee chats with a professional or student staff member to provide LGBTQ+ people with a safe place to talk or vent. The survey to sign up for a coffee chat can be accessed here.

Alison Korn

Alison Korn is a Pratt junior and enterprise editor of The Chronicle's 118th volume.

Share and discuss “A list of local mental health resources for members of the LGBTQ+ community” on social media.