Duke baseball releases spring schedule

The ACC tournament is once again at Truist Field in Charlotte, where the Blue Devils won their first ACC title since 1961 a season ago.

The program announced its 56-game schedule for the 2022 spring season, and once again its going to be a gauntlet to get through. The Blue Devils play their usual ACC foes and have a few nonconference matchups that stick out, particulary the Feb. 22 game against Appalachian State, the school that Duke head coach Chris Pollard left to become skipper of the Blue Devils in June 2012. They'll also have a rematch of the 2019 Super Regional game against West Virginia March 15, though this time it will be in the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. 

Duke's dealing with the loss of several key pieces thanks to the MLB Draft in catcher Michael Rothenberg, shortstop Ethan Murray, center fielder Joey Loperfido, right fielder Peter Matt and pitcher Jack Carey. The Blue Devils are reloading with the No. 17 recruiting class in the nation, according to Perfect Game and wield the No. 12 player in the 2021 class in shortstop Alex Mooney.

Full schedule

Feb 18-20 VMI

Feb. 22  Appalachian State

Feb. 25-27 at Baylor

March 1 East Carolina

March 4-6 Bucknell

March 8-9 UMass Lowell

March 11-13 Virginia

March 15 West Virginia

March 18-20 North Carolina

March 22 William & Mary

March 23 Presbyterian 

March 25-27 at Florida State

March 29 Liberty

April 1-3 Miami

April 5 Davidson

April 6 Longwood

April 8-10 at Wake Forest

April 12 Campbell

April 15-17 Notre Dame*

April 19 at Liberty

April 22-24 at Georgia Tech

May 1 High Point (DH)*

May 3 at Campbell

May 6-8 at Pittsburgh

May 10 at East Carolina

May 13-15 N.C. State*

May 17 Davidson*

May 19-21 at Virginia Tech

May 24-29 ACC tournament (at Truist Field in Charlotte)

*Home game played at Jack Coombs field. All other home games listed are at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park.

Jake C. Piazza

Jake Piazza is a Trinity senior and was sports editor of The Chronicle's 117th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke baseball releases spring schedule” on social media.