Here’s a list of 'possible pairings' of first-year dorms and West Campus quads under future QuadEx system

<p>Selective living groups Cooper House and Wayne Manor were formerly housed in Crowell Quad. All SLG housing was moved to Edens Quad for the 2021-22 academic year.</p>

Selective living groups Cooper House and Wayne Manor were formerly housed in Crowell Quad. All SLG housing was moved to Edens Quad for the 2021-22 academic year.

A list of possible first-year dorm and West Campus quad pairings for Duke’s new QuadEx residential program were confirmed to The Chronicle by Mary Pat McMahon, vice provost and vice president for student affairs.

The Chronicle reported Sept. 15 that under the new housing system, one to two East Campus houses will be assigned to one of seven quads on West Campus. Students cannot pick their quads. This is similar to the automated linking system that was established in spring 2020, but linking is now mandatory and will start with the Class of 2025. The University will announce further details about linking this semester, according to the QuadEx FAQ.

The pairings come from a leaked screenshot of a spreadsheet obtained by The Chronicle.

McMahon wrote that “nothing is final yet” but that the spreadsheet “looks like what we’ve been previewing as possible pairings for QuadEx.” She added that she should soon have an actual date for the full rollout of the QuadEx plan. 

The weekly email to undergraduates from seniors Ramya Ginjupalli and Christina Wang, Duke Student Government executive vice president and president, said that the “official rollout of the program will happen after fall break.”

The pairings are as follows:

• Bassett and Pegram dorms: Craven Quad
  • Alspaugh and Brown dorms: Crowell Quad
  • Bell Tower and Trinity dorms: Edens Quad
  • Gilbert-Addoms and Southgate dorms: Few Quad
  • Blackwell and Randolph dorms: Keohane Quad
  • Giles and Wilson dorms: Kilgo Quad
  • East House and West House dorms: Wannamaker Quad

This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.

Leah Boyd profile
Leah Boyd

Leah Boyd is a Pratt senior and a social chair of The Chronicle's 118th volume. She was previously editor-in-chief for Volume 117.

Share and discuss “Here’s a list of 'possible pairings' of first-year dorms and West Campus quads under future QuadEx system” on social media.