How the sports world is reacting to Coach K's reported retirement

Forty-one years, 1,097 wins and five national championships ago, Mike Krzyzewski became Duke men’s basketball’s head coach. One remarkable career later, the man more commonly known as “Coach K” is now set to step down from his post after the 2021-22 season, Stadium's Jeff Goodman reported Wednesday afternoon, and the college basketball community has been quick to sing the praises of the legendary coach.

Krzyzewski, now 74 years old, will enter retirement as the winningest coach in college basketball history and one of the most iconic figures in the sport. After leading the charge in transforming the Blue Devils into perennial contenders and fostering professional talent that has spanned generations, Krzyzewski will leave the program in good hands with associate head coach and Duke men's basketball alum Jon Scheyer, who is reported to be taking over at the conclusion of the upcoming season, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Needless to say, Krzyzewski has had a great impact on many players, coaches and more in his time as one of the faces of college basketball. Those same people have taken to social media Wednesday, reminding all of us that while his time at Duke and in the sport is coming to an end, Krzyzewski’s impact, legacy and influence are truly everlasting.

Sasha Richie profile
Sasha Richie | Sports Managing Editor

Sasha Richie is a Trinity senior and a sports managing editor of The Chronicle's 118th volume.

Jonathan Levitan

Jonathan Levitan is a Trinity senior and was previously sports editor of The Chronicle's 118th volume.

Share and discuss “How the sports world is reacting to Coach K's reported retirement” on social media.