Send us your photos, videos and other media documenting this academic year

We’re approaching the end of one of the strangest academic years in Duke’s history. Students have spent the year studying remotely from home or living on a changed campus. Many faculty members have had to adapt to virtual teaching. Staff have worked to keep Duke open despite the new risks the pandemic poses. 

To mark the end of this year like no other, we’re seeking submissions of photos, videos, audio files and other media documenting the 2020-21 academic year, which we will compile in a multimedia format. There are no format requirements: You can send anything from a professional photo of students hanging out on the quad to a grainy 3-second Snapchat video of a socially distanced meal or a Zoom screenshot of a remote class. You can also record yourself talking about your experience about the past year. 

We will focus on the past academic year, but we may include some material from the spring and summer to provide context.

Email your submissions to matthew.l.griffin@duke.edu or maria.morrison@duke.edu. Videos and audio files should be uploaded to Google Drive or Duke Box, and you can include a link in the email. Photos can be attached to the email or uploaded to one of those two services. 

Submissions are due Friday, April 16. We can’t guarantee we’ll use any given submission, but we’ll work to represent the experiences of the entire Duke community. 

Matthew Griffin

Matthew Griffin was editor-in-chief of The Chronicle's 116th volume.

Maria Morrison profile
Maria Morrison

Maria Morrison is a Trinity senior and a digital strategy director for The Chronicle's 117th volume. She was previously managing editor for Volume 116.

Share and discuss “Send us your photos, videos and other media documenting this academic year” on social media.