Duke to allow seniors to bring two guests each to commencement

<p>The newly-renovated Wallace Wade Stadium now features a new student section located at field level and the Blue Devil Tower, which includes suites and a new media area.&nbsp;</p>

The newly-renovated Wallace Wade Stadium now features a new student section located at field level and the Blue Devil Tower, which includes suites and a new media area. 

Duke will allow each member of the Class of 2021 to bring two guests to this year’s commencement ceremony, a change from previous plans, President Vincent Price wrote in a Thursday email to seniors.

The in-person commencement ceremony will be held Sunday, May 2 from 9 to 11 a.m. in Wallace Wade Stadium. Guests must have tickets and observe Duke Compact guidelines, and access to campus outside of the official commencement exercise and student health will be limited.

The event will still be livestreamed for friends and family members who cannot attend the event. All seniors, including those who graduated early, may attend the ceremony.

Price wrote that Duke “strongly [encourages] all students and guests to get vaccinated [for COVID-19] in advance of Commencement,” even if they are only able to receive one dose of a two-shot vaccine.

Leah Boyd profile
Leah Boyd

Leah Boyd is a Pratt senior and a social chair of The Chronicle's 118th volume. She was previously editor-in-chief for Volume 117.

Share and discuss “Duke to allow seniors to bring two guests each to commencement” on social media.