Duke in the NBA: Duo of Ingram, Williamson continues to thrive, Curry injures ankle

<p>Seth Curry is averaging 12.9 points per game on a 43.2% clip from beyond the arc.&nbsp;</p>

Seth Curry is averaging 12.9 points per game on a 43.2% clip from beyond the arc. 

With the season closing in on its final stretch, let’s take a look at some former Blue Devils in the NBA.

Big win for the Pelicans

Former Duke stars Zion Williamson and Brandon Ingram have both had some stellar performances this week. Williamson contributed 27 points on an 81.3% mark from the field and Ingram added 23 points of his own own as they powered the Pelicans past the Clippers 135-115 Sunday. Despite coming up short in the next two games against the Trail Blazers, the duo combined for a total of 103 points, helping put the team in a position to win before ultimately falling.

More of the same from Tatum

Jayson Tatum continued his consistent production this week, averaging 24 points, six rebounds and 3.75 assists in the last four games. While the Celtics have struggled winning close games this season, Tatum has continued to prove his value to the team through his reliable output all year. 

Don’t sleep on Curry

The Philadelphia 76ers have been able to maintain its status as the No. 1 team in Eastern Conference, and one of the keys to such success has been their improvement in spacing this season. That change has largely been thanks to the preseason trade that brought former Blue Devil Seth Curry to the team. Curry’s consistency continued in the team’s three games this week, averaging 17 points and shooting 49% and 42.9% from the field and 3-point line, respectively. Despite playing without Joel Embiid, the Sixers managed to win two of their last three games, with a close overtime loss against the Bucks Wednesday. Unfortunately for the 76ers, they will have to prepare for a weekend without Curry after he sprained his ankle during Wednesday’s game, and the sharpshooter will be reevaluated after Sunday’s game. 

Trent shooting lights out

In what has been a promising season for Gary Trent Jr., the Trail Blazers have greatly benefited from the former Blue Devil’s shooting prowess behind the arc. And Trent, who has displayed great signs of improvement since the NBA's restart last August, is averaging 31.2 minutes per game. While he may see his role diminish now that CJ McCollum is back from injury, his 21.5 points per game and 46.7% clip from three in the first two games of this past week have shown his improvement.

Share and discuss “Duke in the NBA: Duo of Ingram, Williamson continues to thrive, Curry injures ankle” on social media.