Duke men's basketball's Matthew Hurt, Jordan Goldwire, DJ Steward earn ACC honors

Sophomore Matthew Hurt was named to the All-ACC First Team after leading the conference in scoring.

Although this season has not been up to the typical standard of Duke men's basketball, Matthew Hurt, DJ Steward and Jordan Goldwire were all recognized Monday morning in the annual ACC awards.

After leading the conference with 18.7 points per game, Hurt was tabbed the ACC's Most Improved Player, being named to the All-ACC First Team as well. Meanwhile, Steward's 13 points per game secured a spot on the All-Freshman Team. In addition to those two, Goldwire finished his senior year by making the All-Defensive Team after averaging 2.3 steal per contest, the second-best mark in the conference. 

Despite the three Blue Devils taking home honors, this breaks Duke's three-year streak of taking home both the ACC Player of the Year and ACC Rookie of the Year awards.

The Blue Devils take on Boston College Tuesday afternoon in the first round of the ACC tournament.

Jake C. Piazza

Jake Piazza is a Trinity senior and was sports editor of The Chronicle's 117th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke men's basketball's Matthew Hurt, Jordan Goldwire, DJ Steward earn ACC honors” on social media.