Pratt Dean Ravi Bellamkonda to become provost and EVP at Emory

<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>

Ravi Bellamkonda, Vinik dean of the Pratt School of Engineering, is leaving Duke in June to become Provost and executive vice president at Emory University, Duke announced Tuesday.

Bellamkonda came to Duke in 2016. He oversaw the construction of the $115 million Wilkinson engineering building, which opened its doors last month. Faculty research awards increased by 30% during his tenure, according to the news release announcing his departure, and Pratt created a new foundational course for first-year students.

Jeff Glass, professor of electrical and computer engineering and Pratt senior associate dean for education and learning innovation, will be interim dean of Pratt starting July 1. There will then be a national search for a new dean.

“Ravi has been an energetic dean who has had a tremendous positive impact on the school,” Provost Sally Kornbluth said in the news release. “His foresight and energy in driving the creation of the design curriculum, the construction of the new engineering building, the recruitment and retention of excellent faculty and students, the enhancement of diversity, inclusion and equity efforts throughout the school, and increased engagement of Pratt alumni and parents will have a lasting impact. He has also been a wonderful colleague and university citizen.”

Matthew Griffin

Matthew Griffin was editor-in-chief of The Chronicle's 116th volume.

Share and discuss “Pratt Dean Ravi Bellamkonda to become provost and EVP at Emory” on social media.