Duke men's basketball target Patrick Baldwin Jr. hints at decision

Landing five-star recruit Patrick Baldwin Jr. would be a big win for Coach K and the Blue Devils.

If you follow Duke men’s basketball on the recruiting trail, then Patrick Baldwin Jr. is likely a hot topic of conversation.

Baldwin, the No. 4 high school prospect in the country according to ESPN, is considering the Blue Devils as a potential college destination. While the Wisconsin native listed 10 finalists last May, the consensus among analysts is that his decision will come down to UW-Milwaukee and Duke. 

Based on an interview with Jason Jordan of Sports Illustrated, Baldwin may be announcing his choice sooner rather than later. The talented prospect remarked that he’s “75 percent sure” about where he will be attending college next year, with the near future being dedicated to finalizing his decision and making it official. 

247’s Crystal Ball bodes well for Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski and company, as five experts project that Baldwin will choose to suit up for the Blue Devils. Whether Duke can hold off UW-Milwaukee, a program whose head coach happens to be Baldwin’s father, Patrick Baldwin Sr., is still up in the air though. 

From a skillset perspective, Baldwin would be a major asset for the Blue Devils alongside potential classmates Paolo Banchero and AJ Griffin. The 6-foot-9 forward has an elite blend of size, ball handling and accuracy from beyond the arc, and figures to be a lottery selection in the 2022 NBA draft.  

Max Rego profile
Max Rego

Max Rego is a Trinity senior and an associate sports editor for The Chronicle's 118th volume. He was previously sports managing editor for Volume 117.

Share and discuss “Duke men's basketball target Patrick Baldwin Jr. hints at decision ” on social media.