Top-25 recruit Ashlon Jackson commits to Duke women's basketball Class of 2022

Head coach Kara Lawson has some regrouping and refocusing to do after her team was smothered by Louisville.

While Duke may have opted out of the 2020-21 season, Kara Lawson continues to pick up wins on the recruiting trail.

Ashlon Jackson, the No. 22 overall player in the Class of 2022 and the second-ranked shooting guard, announced her commitment to the Blue Devils Wednesday morning. Jackson, who committed on her birthday, chose Duke over Connecticut, Oregon, Stanford and Louisville.

The Texas native only adds to to Lawson's impressive performance on the recruiting trail since arriving in Durham. Jackson is Duke's third commitment in the Class of 2022, joining top-20 forward Shay Bollin and Canadian guard Emma Koabel, with Lawson also gaining commitments from three-star 2021 guard Lee Volker and Louisville transfer Nyah Green.

Jackson's ESPN profile refers to her as a versatile, athletic combo-guard who excels at attacking the rim and exploiting mismatches, while also using her 5-foot-10 frame to be an above-average rebounder for her position. 

Share and discuss “Top-25 recruit Ashlon Jackson commits to Duke women's basketball Class of 2022” on social media.