Duke men's basketball's upcoming matchup with Florida State postponed

Duke will go three weeks without taking the floor.

Duke hasn't played in over two weeks, set to finally return to the floor against Florida State following a 16-day break.

However, that break will be extended a bit longer.

The Blue Devils' upcoming matchup with Florida State, scheduled for Saturday at 8 p.m., has been postponed due to a positive COVID-19 case within the Seminoles' program, per a team release. The news was first reported by CBS Sports' Matt Norlander, who specified that COVID-19 issues within Florida State "surfaced late Friday evening."

Norlander added that Duke had already made the trip to Tallahassee, Fla., and will be flying back to Durham Saturday.

This news comes less than two hours after Duke announced Coach K would miss the contest after potentially being exposed to COVID-19, an announcement that appears to be unrelated to the game's eventual postponement.

Overall, this is the fifth Blue Devil game to be postponed this season due to COVID-19 and the team's second consecutive conference game to be postponed. All of the postponements were due to positive COVID-19 cases in the opponent's program.

Duke's next scheduled game comes Wednesday against Boston College in Cameron Indoor Stadium, three weeks since the team last took the floor at Notre Dame.

Share and discuss “Duke men's basketball's upcoming matchup with Florida State postponed” on social media.