Coach K to return for Duke men's basketball's matchup against Wake Forest

Krzyzewski missed Duke's close win against Boston College Wednesday.

Duke will have its head coach back on the sideline Saturday.

Head coach Mike Krzyzewski will return for the Blue Devils' game against Wake Forest Saturday at 12 p.m., per a team press release Saturday morning.

On Jan. 1, the team announced that Krzyzewski had been exposed to an individual not in Duke's traveling party who tested positive for COVID-19, with Krzyzewski later indicating it was a family member. Duke's head coach was then ruled out for the team's game against Florida State, which was later postponed due to a positive COVID-19 test within the Seminoles' program, and Boston College, which the Blue Devils won 83-82 with associate head coach Jon Scheyer filling in for Krzyzewski.

It was initially unclear whether Krzyzewski would be able to return for the Wake Forest game, with the five-time national champion telling the media Monday that the Saturday contest lined up directly with the conclusion of the standard 10-day quarantine protocol and that he would follow the guidance of health officials.

On Thursday, Krzyzewski confirmed on his Sirius XM Show “Basketball and Beyond with Coach K” that the contact with the family member who tested positive occurred on Dec. 30, exactly 10 days before the Wake Forest game, and that he would be tested for COVID-19 Saturday at 6 a.m. to determine whether he would be available for the game.

The team release Saturday morning indicated that the Saturday morning test came back negative, and that Krzyzewski did not test positive throughout his quarantine period.

Share and discuss “Coach K to return for Duke men's basketball's matchup against Wake Forest” on social media.