Duke football's Victor Dimukeje declares for 2021 NFL Draft

Despite all the disappointment of this season, Duke has a chance to send seniors such as Victor Dimukeje out in style.

The Duke faithful will have to prepare for a season without defensive end Victor Dimukeje for the first time in four years.

In a Twitter post on Saturday, the senior announced he will be entering the 2021 NFL Draft after being a four-year starter in Durham and a flagstaff piece of the Blue Devil football team throughout his career.

Dimukeje finished his tenure at Duke with 21.5 sacks, a mere 0.5 sacks away from tying the all-time school record. Despite coming up short in his quest to become sack king, the Maryland native had a collegiate career to be proud of, adding in 80 solo tackles and gaining a reputation of being a player the team looked to for big plays. 

As far as the draft stock on Dimukeje, he immensely helped his case with his 2020 performance and it is not outside the realm of possibility that he gets taken somewhere in the second round. His lack of height will likely place him behind the prototypical edge rusher, but his statline and success rushing the quarterback should land him on an NFL roster by next season. 

Jake C. Piazza

Jake Piazza is a Trinity senior and was sports editor of The Chronicle's 117th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke football's Victor Dimukeje declares for 2021 NFL Draft” on social media.