Cameron Chronicles Season 4, Episode 3: 'Things Get Real'

<p>After a dominant season-opening performance against Coppin State, freshman Jalen Johnson struggled once again against Illinois.</p>

After a dominant season-opening performance against Coppin State, freshman Jalen Johnson struggled once again against Illinois.

The Blue Devils faced their second major test of the year with a top-10 battle against No. 6 Illinois, though the aftermath has cast a shadow of doubt around this year's Duke team. From the same offensive woes to inconsistent play, Tuesday's loss exposed a host of problems that the Blue Devils need to address quickly before ACC play.

Hosts Derek Saul and Shane Smith are joined by fellow men's basketball beat Max Rego to discuss what went wrong against the Fighting Illini and what Mike Krzyzewski had to say about the state of college basketball and COVID-19.

Make sure to subscribe to our feed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher so you can get our weekly episodes delivered right to your device. We're aiming to bring you up to two episodes per week, so stay tuned as the Blue Devils begin to wrap up their nonconference slate.

Max Rego profile
Max Rego

Max Rego is a Trinity senior and an associate sports editor for The Chronicle's 118th volume. He was previously sports managing editor for Volume 117.

Share and discuss “Cameron Chronicles Season 4, Episode 3: 'Things Get Real'” on social media.