Duke football's upcoming matchup against Wake Forest postponed

<p>Duke could have to wait until 2021 to avenge its consecutive losses to the Demon Deacons.&nbsp;</p>

Duke could have to wait until 2021 to avenge its consecutive losses to the Demon Deacons. 

It appears that Duke's bye week will be extended for a little longer.

Both the Blue Devils and their next opponent, Wake Forest, announced that their game scheduled for this Saturday at 12 p.m. will not be played. 

The two teams as well as the ACC will work together in an attempt to reschedule the contest, per a Duke Athletics spokesman. However, the only open Saturday remaining on Wake Forest's schedule is Dec. 19, the day of the ACC Championship Game, since its game against Notre Dame already had to be rescheduled to Dec. 12.

The postponement is due to multiple Demon Deacons testing positive for COVID-19, although the exact number is not known. According to the release from the ACC, multiple members of the program are now quarantining and Wake Forest is following the protocols that were established before the season began by the ACC Medical Advisory Group.

In light of the announcement, Duke now will not take the field until Nov. 28 against Georgia Tech in Atlanta.

Max Rego profile
Max Rego

Max Rego is a Trinity senior and an associate sports editor for The Chronicle's 118th volume. He was previously sports managing editor for Volume 117.

Share and discuss “Duke football's upcoming matchup against Wake Forest postponed” on social media.