Breaking down every player on Duke men's basketball's 2020-21 roster

Matthew Hurt and Jordan Goldwire are two of the few returners that make up this year's squad.

The past few months have been hectic to say the least, so maybe you haven’t had the chance to keep up with how this year’s Duke men’s basketball roster is shaping up. But have no fear, the Blue Zone is here to give you a comprehensive breakdown of every member of the 2020-21 squad.

This year’s Blue Devil team is slightly different than year’s past—not one, but two former five-star recruits are returning for their sophomore seasons in Matthew Hurt and Wendell  Moore Jr. Alongside them is Jordan Goldwire, the senior point guard poised for his best season yet, as well as Joey Baker, the team’s lone junior ready to take on the role of veteran leader.

Duke’s top-rated 2020 recruit, Jalen Johnson, has the skills to be one of the team's most lethal offensive threats, and freshmen guards Jeremy Roach and DJ Steward have the playmaking and shot-creating abilities to make an immediate impact as well.

Big man Mark Williams has the size and interior presence to garner serious playing time as well, though he’ll have to compete with Duke’s first-ever graduate transfer in Patrick Tapé, whose efficiency inside also makes him a valuable asset.

Jaemyn Brakefield and Henry Coleman III may be the Blue Devils’ least-talked about recruits, but both are skilled scorers and play with a passion that could lead to more minutes as the season goes on.

Last, but certainly not least, are the current and former walk-ons of this Duke squad. Senior Mike Buckmire is returning for what could be his last season, and will undoubtedly teach this young roster the Duke standard. Both Kennan Worthington and Michael Savarino won’t play any significant minutes this year, but the energy they bring to the sideline and in practice will be essential.

Editor's note: This article is one of many in The Chronicle's men's basketball season preview. Find the rest here.

Share and discuss “Breaking down every player on Duke men's basketball's 2020-21 roster” on social media.