Jayson Tatum, Zion Williamson named to All-NBA teams

Jayson Tatum and Zion Williamson impressed many in the 2019-2020 NBA season.

Big news came in the past two days for former Blue Devils Zion Williamson and Jason Tatum. 

Despite missing significant time with a knee injury to start his rookie season, Williamson was named to the Kia All-Rookie First Team. The South Carolina native averaged 22.5 points in the 25 games he suited up for this year, earning him 87 first place votes from the panel. 

In his third NBA season, Tatum took a tremendous leap, increasing his points per contest to 23.4 and adding an extra rebound and assist per game to each respective category. The strides were enough to land him on the All-NBA Third Team at just 22 years old. Tatum received the most points from the voters on the entire third team as he continues to establish himself as an elite NBA player.

The St. Louis native also became the fifth Blue Devil to earn All-NBA Honors, putting him in rare air alongside Grant Hill, Elton Brand, Carlos Boozer and Kyrie Irving.

Tatum and the Boston Celtics will face off against the Miami Heat in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals on Thursday. 

Jake C. Piazza

Jake Piazza is a Trinity senior and was sports editor of The Chronicle's 117th volume.

Share and discuss “Jayson Tatum, Zion Williamson named to All-NBA teams” on social media.