Which uniform should Duke football wear in the season opener?

<p>Despite the lopsided score, Duke showed promise early on in its white uniforms against Alabama.</p>

Despite the lopsided score, Duke showed promise early on in its white uniforms against Alabama.

How will the Blue Devil football team start its season? Facing Notre Dame, it could have a momentum boosting win or a blowout loss that could set the tone for the season. Even though the outcome of the game is unclear, the team's uniforms may just have a significant impact on the result. 

Duke’s white uniforms should be the choice for its opening game against Notre Dame this Saturday. They bring unnoticed success against top teams and are a classic uniform that has been a part Duke's collection for years.

Many will be quick to point out that Duke wore its white uniforms in last year’s opener against Alabama. The Blue Devils were defeated 42-3 in an expected but depressing start to the season due to a stagnant offense. However, many people don’t realize that Duke held Alabama to a score of zero during the entire first quarter and recovered a fumble. This was against an Alabama team with a quarterback who threw 33 touchdowns and led them to a top-10 finish in the nation and an 11-2 record. While Duke was wearing its white uniforms, it put up that formidable defense that was able to temporarily stop one of the best college football programs in the nation. 

Furthermore, Duke’s amazing win in 2016 against Notre Dame wearing its white uniforms could be another reason to don white. During the phenomenal 38-35 win, former Blue Devil starting quarterback Daniel Jones completed 24-of-32 pass attempts with 290 yards and three touchdowns. Freshman kicker A.J Reed kicked the go ahead field goal which would eventually win the football game for Duke. With this game featuring the white uniforms still fresh for Blue Devil football fans, it makes sense that the next game will have the same energy with the same jerseys. Going into this game as underdogs, Duke will look to repeat history.   

Share and discuss “Which uniform should Duke football wear in the season opener?” on social media.