Duke women's lacrosse's Callie Humphrey, Catherine Cordrey to return for 2021 season

Cordrey will help lead a Duke squad hungry to make it back to the NCAA tournament.

Duke was likely on its way to its first NCAA tournament in four years had the 2020 campaign not abruptly ended.

And after the team announced its final 2020-21 roster Friday, it looks like the Blue Devils will have a good chance at repeating that success next spring.

Thanks to the NCAA's extra eligibility ruling, Duke will return both of its starting seniors from last season: defender Callie Humphrey and midfielder Catherine Cordrey. The Blue Devils now return 100 percent of the starts and over 96 percent of the the points scored from last year's squad.

Humphrey is one of the best defenders in the country, making the All-ACC Second Team in 2018 and garnering Third-Team All-America honors by Inside Lacrosse following the shortened 2020 campaign. The Summit, N.J., native led Duke with 16 caused turnovers and 18 ground balls last season.

Cordrey, who was a teammate of Humphrey's at Summit High School, proved to be one of the Blue Devils' top offensive weapons last year, placing third on the team with 17 goals and tied for second with eight assists.

In addition to the two returning seniors, Duke brings in transfer Gabby Rosenzweig, another All-American who leaves Pennsylvania as the Quakers' all-time leading scorer.

Head coach Kerstin Kimel also introduced the Blue Devils' 14th-ranked recruiting class in the release, headlined by top-5 recruit Katie DeSimone.

Share and discuss “Duke women's lacrosse's Callie Humphrey, Catherine Cordrey to return for 2021 season” on social media.