Duke to release weekly COVID-19 test data, tracker shows 4 positive faculty and staff tests out of 516

Eleven students and four faculty and staff have tested positive for COVID-19, according to an online tracker released by Duke. 

The testing tracker, which will be updated every Monday, lists 11 positive coronavirus tests out of 5,854 for students and four out of 516 for faculty and staff, between Aug. 2 and 15. The student cases were previously reported by Duke.

All 15 of those cases are currently isolated, according to the tracker. 

All four of the staff and faculty cases were found through symptomatic and contact-traced tests, which test either people who report symptoms or others who they were in contact with. All of the student cases were found through intake testing, with all students returning to Durham being tested for the virus. 

In addition to the positive tests, 73 students have been referred for a precautionary quarantine and another 15 have already been released from quarantine. Among faculty and staff, 29 individuals are in precautionary quarantine and 11 have been released. Precautionary quarantine covers individuals who have reported symptoms or possible exposure to the virus, or who have been found through contact tracing, but have not tested positive for the virus. 

Student-athletes previously returned to campus in July, and 26 athletes tested positive at the time. All 26 of those cases were on the football team, President Vincent Price said at an online panel last week.

Share and discuss “Duke to release weekly COVID-19 test data, tracker shows 4 positive faculty and staff tests out of 516” on social media.