On the bubble: A look at the Class of 2024 waitlist

The Chomicle

Editor's Note - All articles featured in The Chomicle are creative, satirical and/or entirely fictional pieces. They are fully intended as such and should not be taken seriously as news.

The best of the best, the most well-connected of the well-connected and the richest of the richest are already locks for the Duke Class of 2024, and most have already booked their tickets to Durham in the fall.

But we here at Waitlist Bubble Watch don't care about them. We like to focus on the really juicy questions: who's getting in off the waitlist?

A note: the Waitlist Bubble Watch also doesn't include high school seniors who've already locked up automatic bids to Duke by being athletic enough to play a sport or self-absorbed enough to be a Robertson Scholar.

Jamie Turner (Staten Island, N.Y.)

Pros: Would bring some much-needed New York City representation to Duke

Cons: Does Staten Island really count?

Our Guess: Out

Brad Carew (Los Angeles)

Pros: Nancy, Trinity '92, and Richard Carew, Trinity '91, are both wonderful alumni who have made sure to bring Brad to Durham almost every year since he was born

Cons: Can't read, write

Our Guess: In

Dominique Wilson (Jackson, Miss.)

Pros: Senior class president, national debate champion, perfect ACT and SAT scores, leader of a national community service organization

Cons: Doesn’t know the difference between Soc Sci and Soc Psych

Our Guess: Out

Nick Jackson (Toronto, Ontario, Can.)

Pros: Really into basketball, so maybe alumni would stop whining about how Cameron isn't crowded enough

Cons: Really not into going to class, and Director of Undergraduate Admissions Kristof Gutenmorgen really seems like more of an academics guy than a sports guy, doesn't he?

Our Guess: Out

Julia French-Sanford Rubenstein (Washington, D.C.)

Pros: Just seems like a really nice girl with pretty good grades, exactly the kind of person Duke is looking for!

Cons: None that we can think of

Our Guess: In

Editor's Note: Happy April Fools' Day! In case you couldn't tell, this was a story for our satirical edition, The Chomicle. Check out more Chomicle stories here, guaranteed to make you laugh or your money back. 

Share and discuss “On the bubble: A look at the Class of 2024 waitlist” on social media.