Report: Former Princeton star Michael Sowers set to transfer to Duke men's lacrosse

Head coach John Danowski is building a 2020 national title favorite.

While another Blue Devil run at the program's first national title since 2014 was cut short by the coronavirus, the team has a lot to look forward to next year.

According to a report from Inside Lacrosse's Ty Xanders, former Princeton attackman Michael Sowers has decided to transfer to Duke for his final year of eligibility, pending admission into the university's Fuqua School of Business.

Sowers was named a USILA All-American his first three years with the Tigers and was the favorite for the Tewaaraton Award, given annually to the nation's top college lacrosse player, at the time of this past season's cancellation. The Pennsylvania native ranks second in Division 1 history with a career points per game average of 6.43 and fourth in career assists per game at 3.85. 

According to US Lacrosse Magazine, Sowers said that he wanted to return to Princeton, but the school opted against allowing spring student athletes to return next season.

Duke's 2021 team is looking like it could be among the most dominant offensive units in recent memory. Even with the uncertain futures of current seniors, the Blue Devils will return freshman phenom Dyson Williams, welcome back an injured Joe Robertson and add No. 1 overall recruit Brennan O'Neill, who has been dubbed a generational talent and "the Zion Williamson of lacrosse."

Share and discuss “Report: Former Princeton star Michael Sowers set to transfer to Duke men's lacrosse” on social media.