Duke Hindu Students Association endorses Tommy Hessel for DSG president

endorsements

Duke’s Hindu Students Association (HSA) would like to formally endorse Tommy Hessel for the position of Duke Student Government (DSG) President. After having met and spoken with both exceptionally qualified presidential candidates, the HSA executive board is excited to endorse Tommy.

We believe that Tommy Hessel’s concrete plans to move Duke forward, his drive and vision for the university’s future, and his vast array of experiences make him the strongest candidate to advance the mission of HSA. HSA is an organization founded to advocate for and foster a stronger Hindu community across Duke. Tommy understands the immense value of religion and religious engagement, making him apt to support HSA’s efforts to promote the same for Hindu-identifying students at Duke. Moreover, he is committed to providing space for religious engagement on campus and making our community a more inclusive environment for students of heterogeneous religions and identities.

Without reservation, we feel that Tommy’s leadership skills and strong commitment to inclusivity make him most fit to represent the Duke student body.

Signed,

Mihir Patel, Co-President, Trinity '21

Advaita Singh, Logistics Chair

Sarabesh Natarajan, Treasurer

Simran Prakash, Graphics and Web Design Chair

Saisahana Subbaraj, Secretary

Arsha Sharma, Community Engagement Chair

Uma Rao, Event Coordination Chair

Angeli Sharma, Advisor to the Board

The following members of the HSA executive board have recused themselves from an endorsement:

Arya Patel

Deepti Agnihotri

Rohin Maganti

Saheel Chodavadia

Vandita Garimella

Editor's Note: Prakash is the assistant sports photography editor for The Chronicle.

Editor's Note: Your group may submit your endorsements to Leah Abrams and Jake Satisky by 8 p.m. on Wednesday, March 4. Read our full endorsement policy here.

Share and discuss “Duke Hindu Students Association endorses Tommy Hessel for DSG president” on social media.