K-Ville to be open on UNC gameday, restrictions for EarthGang concert walked back

UPDATE Feb. 27 at 1 p.m.: After tenters and non-tenters were supposed to be separated during the EarthGang Personal Checks concert, co-head line monitor Ben Succop, a senior, wrote in an email to The Chronicle that up to 1,600 students will be allowed on the floor of Cameron Indoor Stadium during the concert and then the upstairs seats will be filled. After the concert, non-tenters will still be removed from Krzyzewskiville for P-Checks.

Succop clarified that line monitors were not responsible for decisions made about P-Checks. 

"The latest and final update from Athletics and University Administration we have to share is that non-tenters will not be separated from tenters," he wrote. "It is my understanding that the decisions regarding p-checks were a joint conversation between Administration and Athletics."

Succop also announced in the K-Ville Nation Facebook group that K-Ville will be open to all students on UNC gameday Saturday, March 7. There will be food, games, corn hole and a DJ. For those students not attending the game, a watch party will be held in Wallace Wade Stadium.

Original story

Tenters on the floor, everyone else in the rafters. 

Per an email to tenters from Co-Head Line Monitors Maddie Manning and Ben Succop, both seniors, Friday’s EarthGang concert in Cameron Indoor Stadium will require wristbands for tenters to reach the floor, while all other students will be able to get in with a Duke ID—but sent upstairs to the seats. 

The email, sent at 11:36 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 26, also noted that students without wristbands will be asked to leave K-Ville after the concert and before the checks begin. The start of P-Checks has also been pushed back to midnight to accommodate the concert, according to a follow-up email to tenters.

The concert is part of this year’s Personal Checks, when everyone tenting for the Duke-UNC men's basketball game must wait in Krzyzewskiville to pass three checks during one night. Unlike in past years, when the concert took place either in K-Ville or the nearby Card Lot, this year’s show has moved indoors, with new restrictions. 

Manning and Succop wrote in the email to tenters that Athletics was stipulating the new wristband rule.

Wristbands will be given out throughout the week to students going to the Duke-UNC game. 

Manning and Succop did not respond to a request for comment in time for publication. 

Jake Satisky profile
Jake Satisky | Editor-in-Chief

Jake Satisky is a Trinity senior and the digital strategy director for Volume 116. He was the Editor-in-Chief for Volume 115 of The Chronicle. 

Share and discuss “K-Ville to be open on UNC gameday, restrictions for EarthGang concert walked back” on social media.