What to do if you’re staying on campus for Thanksgiving break

Staying on campus this Thanksgiving? Here are activities to keep you occupied during the break:

Thursday:

While nearly all dining options will be closed on Thursday, the Commons is offering a Thanksgiving meal from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. for $14.25, which students can pay for using food points. 

Additionally, students are invited to celebrate Thanksgiving on East Campus. John Blackshear, faculty-in-residence of Trinity House, sent an email to Trinity residents inviting them to join him in an annual family Thanksgiving dinner in the first floor kitchen and commons of Trinity with “incredible and homemade” food. While the event is open to all, an RSVP to Blackshear is required to attend. 

Friday:

The women’s basketball team will be playing University of Pennsylvania in Cameron Indoor Stadium at 1 p.m. and the men’s team will be playing Winthrop at 7 p.m. 

Haven’t had enough Thanksgiving food? The Center for Muslim Life is hosting their annual Friendsgiving Dinner from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. They request that anyone who plans to attend RSVPs here

Saturday:

Catch a football game at Wallace Wade Stadium! The Blue Devils are set to face the University of Miami at 3:30 p.m. Saturday. 

If you’re looking to get off campus, the Durham Performing Arts Center will be presenting The Hip Hop Nutcracker, described by DPAC as “a contemporary dance spectacle set to Tchaikovsky’s timeless music.” Set in New York City, the re-imagined tale hopes to “take us on a journey that celebrates love, community and the magic of the holiday season.” 

Preetha Ramachandran profile
Preetha Ramachandran | Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Coordinator

Preetha Ramachandran is a Trinity senior and diversity, equity and inclusion coordinator for The Chronicle's 118th volume. She was previously senior editor for Volume 117.

Share and discuss “What to do if you’re staying on campus for Thanksgiving break” on social media.