Duke in the NFL: Jamison Crowder wins revenge game against Washington

<p>Jamison Crowder has three touchdown receptions on the season.</p>

Jamison Crowder has three touchdown receptions on the season.

With Daniel Jones on a bye, Jamison Crowder made sure that there was no lack of excitement in Week 11 for former Duke players in the NFL. The Blue Zone has you covered with recaps of your favorite former Blue Devils:

Jamison Crowder, WR, New York Jets

The New York Jets marched into FedEx Field for a thrilling matchup against Washington, two teams in the cellar of the league. For many NFL fans, this game held no significance, but to former Duke standout Jamison Crowder, it held a lot of weight. The game was his first battle against his former team since signing with the Jets in March.

Crowder continued to display a special connection with quarterback Sam Darnold, finding the endzone early in the fourth quarter. The fourth round pick led the team with five receptions, accounting for 76 yards and the 29-yard touchdown. The Jets dominated in a 34-17 win.

Laken Tomlinson, G, San Francisco 49ers

Coming off their first loss of the season, the 49ers faced off against the Arizona Cardinals Sunday. The game was shaky from the start for San Francisco, but quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo saved the day with a fourth quarter turnaround in a 36-26 win.

Due to the nature of the game, the usually run-heavy 49ers only amounted 34 total rushing yards on 19 carries. It was a major surprise to see a stagnant run-game from San Francisco, and Tomlinson and the rest of the offensive line will certainly visit the film room before next week.

Matt Skura, C, Baltimore Ravens

It’s impossible to stress this enough: the Ravens’ offense is the real deal. Headed by MVP frontrunner Lamar Jackson, Baltimore has beaten playoff caliber teams in Seattle, New England and Houston by 65 combined points over the last few weeks.

The Ravens’ offensive line has been the most underrated component of the powerhouse offense. The run-game has been consistently effective, and Jackson seems to have all day to throw every time he drops back.

Daniel Jones, QB, New York Giants

After a promising start to the No. 6 overall pick’s career, New York has plummeted. The Giants need to use their bye week to focus on the future of Jones and his supporting cast.

Jones’ numbers have been pretty good for a rookie thus far. Over nine games, he’s thrown for 15 touchdowns and 1,984 yards. He’s also chipped in on the ground for 208 rushing yards and two scores. However, turnovers have been a major issue for the former Blue Devil. Jones has thrown eight interceptions and fumbled 13 times. While his turnovers outweigh his touchdowns, the rookie will have plenty of time to figure his game out.

Share and discuss “Duke in the NFL: Jamison Crowder wins revenge game against Washington” on social media.