Joe Giles-Harris among five Duke football products to sign with NFL teams as undrafted free agents

Joe Giles-Harris' NFL journey began Saturday.

After Daniel Jones stole the show Thursday night, Saturday was time for his former teammates to share the spotlight. 

Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reported Saturday evening that the Jacksonville Jaguars have signed Joe Giles-Harris as an undrafted free agent after the former Blue Devil's name was somewhat surprisingly not called during the 2019 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-2, 240-pound linebacker's signing comes less than 48 hours after the New York Giants took Daniel Jones with the sixth pick in the first round.

Shortly after Giles-Harris' signing, Todd Rahming Sr., father of former Duke wide receiver T.J. Rahming, announced that the younger Rahming had signed with the Washington Redskins. The Blue Devils also announced Saturday that tight ends Daniel Helm and Davis Koppenhaver signed with the Los Angeles Chargers and Green Bay Packers, respectively. On Tuesday, the team announced that wide receiver Johnathan Lloyd signed with the Los Angeles Rams.

A three-year starter for Duke, Giles-Harris decided to forego his final year of college eligibility in order to pursue an NFL career. The Nyack, N.Y., native was a defensive stalwart throughout his time as a Blue Devil, and Giles-Harris led the team in tackles in each of his three seasons.

The new Jaguar was named to the All-ACC first team in both 2017 and 2018, despite being sidelined with a knee injury for Duke's final four contests last year.

In his time with the Blue Devils, Rahming caught 253 passes for 2,919 yards, which puts him among the school's top 10 for each statistic. The Powder Springs, Ga., native had 12 receptions for 240 yards and two touchdowns in his final college game, Duke's victory in the Walk-On's Independence Bowl.

Helm and Koppenhaver each made their mark as Blue Devil tight ends. Helm earned a third-team All-ACC selection in his redshirt senior season, and Koppenhaver had 12 receiving touchdowns in his career, the most ever for a Duke tight end.

Lloyd saved his best for last with the Blue Devils, and posted career highs in receptions, receiving yards and touchdowns his senior season. The 6-foot wideout showed a knack for making explosive plays, with four touchdown catches of 50 yards or more in 2018.

Giles-Harris leaves behind more than just a storied football career with the Blue Devils, as the new Jaguar's brother, JT, is a junior defenseman on the Duke lacrosse team. 

Share and discuss “Joe Giles-Harris among five Duke football products to sign with NFL teams as undrafted free agents” on social media.