Duke men's basketball recruiting targets set to announce their college decision

<p>With Tre Jones' return, head coach Mike Krzyzewski can focus on building around the talented point guard for next season</p>

With Tre Jones' return, head coach Mike Krzyzewski can focus on building around the talented point guard for next season

Despite a season-ending Elite Eight loss to Michigan State, Mike Krzyzewski’s job never stops. Now, the all-time Division I wins leader has turned his focus to the daunting task of replacing three projected top-10 picks in the NBA Draft.

Luckily for the Blue Devils’ head man, he will soon have a clearer picture of what his 2019-20 roster will look like, with two more recruits set to announce their decision over the coming weeks—starting with shooting guard Cassius Stanley Monday—following five star Matthew Hurt's commitment this past Friday.

With Tre Jones back in the fold for next year, the Duke coaching staff did not have to pursue a new floor general, and could instead focus on snagging playmakers and shooters around the rising sophomore. Center Marques Bolden has not yet announced his plans for his senior season.

As of now, Vernon Carey Jr., Wendell Moore, Boogie Ellis and Hurt (along with two walk-ons) comprise the Blue Devils upcoming recruiting class. But keep your eyes peeled for at least one of the following names to join those four next fall, starting with one of the most athletic players of the incoming class.

Cassius Stanley (No. 29, SG)

Krzyzewski and his staff came on to Stanley very late in the recruiting process, but they might have made it just in time. The four star guard will announce his decision on Monday, April 22 after pushing the decision from the original date of April 17. He is also considering Kansas, Oregon and UCLA.

Like Hurt, Stanley would provide much needed outside shooting that the Blue Devils lacked last season. The California native made an unofficial visit to Durham last weekend, and Duke is considered by many to be the frontrunners to land the talented shooting guard.

Trendon Watford (No. 18, PF)

Watford was originally set to pick a school this past Saturday at the Jordan Brand Classic, but has decided to push his commitment back to an unknown date because the game was not televised as planned. The five star will choose between the Blue Devils, Alabama, Memphis, LSU and Indiana.

Krzyzewski has not yet formally offered a scholarship to Watford though, and it’s unclear if he ever plans to do so. The Alabama native would provide an athletic, hard working big to go alongside Carey, and would be key in defending forwards who can space the floor.

Share and discuss “Duke men's basketball recruiting targets set to announce their college decision” on social media.