Mike Krzyzewski watches LeBron James Jr. at Nike EYBL

<p>Mike Krzyzewski continues to stay hot on the recruiting trail.</p>

Mike Krzyzewski continues to stay hot on the recruiting trail.

With Mike Krzyzewski and his staff out on the recruiting trail pursuing the likes of 2020 prospects R.J. Hampton, Jalen Johnson and B.J. Boston, a prospect in the 2023 class has also drawn the attention of the Hall of Fame coach.

LeBron James Jr. and his AAU team Strive For Greatness are currently in Atlanta for the Nike EYBL, one of the premier youth basketball circuits in the country. Overtime shared a video Saturday of Duke's head coach, as well as one of his associates Jon Scheyer, making their way to courtside seats to watch the promising young eighth-grader.

People have long speculated that James Jr., known to most as "Bronny", could spend a season in college learning from Krzyzewski. James Jr. and his AAU team took an unofficial visit of Duke last summer and his father commented high praise for his former USA coach on Instagram, hinting that he would want his first-born son to gain the same wisdom that he received over his journey to two Olympic gold medals.                          

Of course, there is a high possibility that the current one-and-done format in college basketball is on its way out, and with LeBron Sr. so eager to play in the NBA with his son,  James Jr. may forgo his college eligibility and head straight for the pros. A possible rule change could come as soon as 2022, which would allow Bronny to enter the 2023 NBA Draft without ever touching a college basketball floor.

As a point guard, James Jr. has been highly touted for his vision and basketball I.Q. Current 2023 recruiting rankings have him anywhere between No. 2 and No. 24 in his class.

The young prospect has yet to even start his high school journey, though, and college basketball fans are still years away from the possibility of seeing James Jr. in March Madness. However, if this is any indication, Krzyzewski will be hot on his heels to make sure he dons Duke blue.

Share and discuss “Mike Krzyzewski watches LeBron James Jr. at Nike EYBL” on social media.