Duke men's basketball's Marques Bolden will miss ACC tournament due to knee injury sustained against North Carolina

<p>Marques Bolden went down in the first half against North Carolina.&nbsp;</p>

Marques Bolden went down in the first half against North Carolina. 

CHAPEL HILL—The injury bug bit again early against North Carolina with what might be Duke's most severe injury of the year so far.

Junior big man Marques Bolden hurt his left knee trying to block a fast-break dunk by Garrison Brooks with 17:27 left in the first half at North Carolina. He fell and slammed into the basket stanchion before immediately grabbing his leg.

After staying on the ground for several minutes with head coach Mike Krzyzewski kneeling by his side, Bolden limped slowly off the court with the help of teammates Justin Robinson and Antonio Vrankovic.

“The initial diagnosis is an MCL sprain," Krzyzewski said in the postgame presser. "I don’t know the degree, the level—1, 2, I don’t know that, but it’s not an ACL, so that’s good for that kid.”

In March 11's Duke Basketball Report, Krzyzewski confirmed that Bolden will not participate in this week's ACC Tournament due to his MCL injury.

"There's no way Marques will be ready for the ACC tournament," Krzyzewski told GoDuke.com. "Whatever grade [the sprain] is, he's not going to be well in one week."

Bolden has played in every game so far this season, averaging 6.0 points and 4.8 rebounds entering Saturday's contest. 

Update: This brief was updated Monday at 5 p.m. to include Bolden’s status for the ACC tournament.

Share and discuss “Duke men's basketball's Marques Bolden will miss ACC tournament due to knee injury sustained against North Carolina” on social media.