Single on Valentine's Day? Here's what to do on campus

Love it or hate it: Valentine's Day has almost arrived. 

If Cupid's arrow did not strike you this year, seeing friends plan dinner dates and gift exchanges might bring feelings of loneliness. Reminding you that you are your greatest love, the Chronicle compiled a list of singles-friendly Valentine’s Day events on campus and in Durham.

Get serenaded by one of Duke’s premier a cappella groups 

Attend Duke University Improv (DUI) and the Pitchforks' annual Valentine’s Day show

"Get ready for laughter, tears of joy, and ~romance~," the groups' Facebook event reads

Reynold’s Theater, 9-10pm

Make a punch rug for yourself

Learn the art of punch needle rug hooking with the DukeCreate Workshop. This ancient form of rug-making can provide a meditative effect, as you take some time to reflect on your relationship with yourself. Making yourself a rug is perhaps the ultimate act of self-love. 

Arts Annex, 6-8pm

Watch and critique a Rom-Com

As part of its “Feminism and Media” event series, The Duke Women’s Center will show a romantic comedy, followed by a critical discussion of the film through a feminist lens. Valentine’s Day is a great time to break down romance tropes in the media. 

Duke Women’s Center, 5:30-7pm 

Test out your Duke knowledge 

In partnership with Duke@Nite, The Chronicle is hosting a trivia night. Trivia questions will be about current Duke affairs as well as the history of the University. Use Valentine’s Day as an opportunity to fall deeper in love with your Duke community. 

Devil’s Krafthouse, 9 pm 

Share and discuss “Single on Valentine's Day? Here's what to do on campus” on social media.