Trey Walk elected next undergraduate Young Trustee

Undergraduates have elected senior Trey Walk to be their next Young Trustee.

In a student-body wide election held from noon Tuesday to noon Wednesday, Walk was chosen from a four-person field of seniors. 

First-year John Markis, attorney general for Duke Student Government and a staff reporter for The Chronicle, wrote that Walk won on the third and final round of instant-runoff voting. Walk earned 36.6 percent of the first-round vote, besting seniors Brian Buhr who had 31.1 percent, Luke Farrell who had 26.9 percent and Archana Ahlawat who had 5.4 percent. 

The election saw 3,174 undergraduates out of 6,923 eligible voters participate for a total participation rate of 45.8 percent. 

Walk, a senior from Gray Court, S.C., is a leader in People's State of the University and is a columnist for The Chronicle. The Robertson Scholar has also worked on the President’s Working Group on Community and Dialogue and is a member of the board of directors of the Community Empowerment Fund.  

Check back for updates on this developing story. It has been updated to clarify the description of vote totals. 

Correction: An earlier version of this story misstated the dates of the election. The Chronicle regrets the error.

Bre Bradham

Bre is a senior political science major from South Carolina, and she is the current video editor, special projects editor and recruitment chair for The Chronicle. She is also an associate photography editor and an investigations editor. Previously, she was the editor-in-chief and local and national news department head. 

Twitter: @brebradham

Email: breanna.bradham@duke.edu

Share and discuss “Trey Walk elected next undergraduate Young Trustee” on social media.