Finalists announced for Graduate Young Trustee

Three finalists for the Graduate Young Trustee position have been announced by the Graduate Young Trustee Selection Committee. 

This year’s finalists include Sam Howe, Nathan Bullock and William Brody. 

Brody, who earned his undergraduate degree in economics from Duke in 2012, graduated with a master's of business administration from the Fuqua School of Business last year. He was a Graduate Young Trustee finalist last year as well. 

Bullock is a Ph.D. student in the department of art, art history and visual studies, and he is studying the history and theory of architecture and urbanism. He is a candidate for the certificate in feminist theory. 

Howe is a J.D. candidate in the School of Law and currently serves as editor-in-chief of the 68th volume of the Duke Law Journal. 

Each year, the Young Trustee Election Committee chooses finalists from a pool of applicants based on written applications and interviews—and is then voted on by the Graduate and Professional Student Council General Assembly. 

In the spring of 2018, Amy Hafez, then a sixth-year Ph.D. student in molecular genetics and microbiology, was selected as the Graduate Young Trustee and is currently serving out her three-year tenure.

Like the undergraduate Young Trustee, the Graduate Young Trustee spends their first year on the board as an observer and then gains voting rights for the remainder of their term. 

Share and discuss “Finalists announced for Graduate Young Trustee” on social media.