2015 national champion and Golden State Warriors guard Quinn Cook gets suited up—literally

Quinn Cook has taken on a much larger role with the Golden State Warriors this season, helping to hold down the point guard spot for an injured Steph Curry.

In his first four pro seasons, Quinn Cook has done plenty of winning—he was NBA D-League Rookie of the Year in 2016, a first-team All-D-League honoree in 2017 and in 2018, earned a NBA championship ring with the Golden State Warriors.

Now, Cook is winning with style.

In a feature published this week by The Mercury News, Cook went shopping for just his third-ever suit alongside Warriors beat writer Logan Murdock. The former Blue Devil has taken on a much larger role for Golden State in his first full professional season, filling in for two-time MVP Steph Curry and averaging 10.2 points per game in more than 20 minutes a night.

Cook, after finishing up his career in Durham with a national title, played the majority of his first two pro seasons for the Canton Charge before signing a two-way contact with the Warriors prior to last season.

And while bumping between Oakland and Santa Cruz, Calif., home of Golden State's now-G-League affiliate, Cook would either stay at a hotel or with teammate Kevin Durant, whom Cook was friends with from their time in the D.C. area.

But, for the 6-foot-2 guard, that often meant living out of a duffel bag.

"It felt good to unpack my suitcase for the first time in, I don’t know how long,” Cook told The Mercury News of settling in full-time with Golden State. "I always keep that in the back of my mind, always keep what I’ve been through, what I had to go through to get here."

Although Curry is set to return to the floor for the Warriors tomorrow night, Cook will likely remain a key piece of Golden State head coach Steve Kerr's rotation. The Warriors' only other true reserve floor general is 33-year-old Shaun Livingston.

Mitchell Gladstone | Sports Managing Editor

Twitter: @mpgladstone13

A junior from just outside Philadelphia, Mitchell is probably reminding you how the Eagles won the Super Bowl this year and that the Phillies are definitely on the rebound. Outside of The Chronicle, he majors in Economics, minors in Statistics and is working toward the PJMS certificate, in addition to playing trombone in the Duke University Marching Band. And if you're getting him a sandwich with beef and cheese outside the state of Pennsylvania, you best not call it a "Philly cheesesteak." 

Share and discuss “2015 national champion and Golden State Warriors guard Quinn Cook gets suited up—literally” on social media.