Bus service around Swift Avenue temporarily reduced due to Main Street construction

<p>Construction Wednesday has reduced Swift Avenue bus service.&nbsp;</p>

Construction Wednesday has reduced Swift Avenue bus service. 

Stops along Swift Avenue north of Campus Drive will have reduced bus service due to construction, according to an announcement posted on the TransLoc app Monday morning.

The holdup is railroad construction along Main Street. Currently there is no known completion time for the maintenance work that has closed the intersection.

The C2: East-Central-West and both C3 routes will both bypass Swift Avenue for that portion of the route and travel along Campus Drive instead. However, Swift Express service "is not expected to be impacted at this time," according to the announcement.

"Due to construction at the railroad crossing on Swift Avenue, C2 and C3 buses are unable to service the stops along Swift Avenue," the announcement read. "Please expect delays on all campus routes due to the increased traffic. At this time, there is no known completion time."

Residents living along Swift Avenue will have to walk to Campus Drive for Eastbound bus service and for Westbound service when the Swift Express is not running from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m.

Share and discuss “Bus service around Swift Avenue temporarily reduced due to Main Street construction” on social media.