Man faces felony charge for allegedly peeping in Bryan Center bathroom

Zavier Vereen, 37, is awaiting trial for allegedly secretly peeping on a man in a Bryan Center bathroom Aug. 24.

The crime was reported to Duke University Police Department at 6:18 p.m. on Aug. 24 and occurred in the Bryan Center, according to the DUPD website. 

The warrant for Vereen's arrest says he faces a felony charge for secretly peeping. Vereen's bond was set at $20,000 and his trial is set to start Oct. 4.

A man in a Bryan Center bathroom saw a man in the next stall recording him with a cell phone, according to WRAL. The victim used his tablet to record the other man—identified as Vereen—for evidence. After Vereen ran off, DUPD apprehended the suspect and took his cell phone and flash drive.

The suspect had been convicted of a felony earlier in the year for peeping and was on probation when he was arrested for peeping Aug. 24, according to WRAL

Keith Lawrence, executive director of news and communications, said that the man is not an employee or student at Duke. 

Bre Bradham

Bre is a senior political science major from South Carolina, and she is the current video editor, special projects editor and recruitment chair for The Chronicle. She is also an associate photography editor and an investigations editor. Previously, she was the editor-in-chief and local and national news department head. 

Twitter: @brebradham

Email: breanna.bradham@duke.edu

Share and discuss “Man faces felony charge for allegedly peeping in Bryan Center bathroom” on social media.